Σελίδα 2 από 3 ΠρώτηΠρώτη 123 ΤελευταίαΤελευταία
Εμφάνιση αποτελεσμάτων : 11 έως 20 από 24
    Peri ΠΛΑΝΩΜΕΝΟΣ Το avatar του χρήστη perifan_4_ever
    Περιοχή
    Athens
    Jackson’s death officially ruled a homicide

Autopsy report lists cause as acute propofol intoxication

updated 3:11 p.m. PT, Fri., Aug 28, 2009

LOS ANGELES - Michael Jackson’s death was a homicide caused primarily by the powerful anesthetic propofol and another sedative, the coroner announced Friday in a highly anticipated ruling increasing the likelihood of criminal charges against the pop star’s doctor.
    The Los Angeles County coroner’s office determined the cause of death was “acute propofol intoxication.” Lorazepam, another sedative sold under the brand name Ativan, contributed to the death.
    Additional drugs detected in Jackson’s system were the sedatives midazolam and diazepam, the painkiller lidocaine and the stimulant ephedrine.
    The coroner did not release Jackson’s full autopsy report, citing a security hold requested by Los Angeles authorities investigating the case, and declined to comment beyond a short statement announcing the manner and cause of death.
    The coroner’s determination of a homicide confirmed what The Associated Press first reported Monday, citing an anonymous law enforcement official.
    The 50-year-old Jackson died June 25 at his rented Los Angeles mansion. Dr. Conrad Murray, the Las Vegas cardiologist who was the pop star’s personal physician, told police he gave Jackson propofol that morning after a series of sedatives failed to help Jackson sleep.
    Murray has not been charged with any crime but is the target of what police term a manslaughter investigation. Multiple search warrants served at his home and businesses in Las Vegas and Houston sought evidence detailing how he procured the propofol that killed Jackson. Jackson’s interactions with at least six other doctors also are being scrutinized.
    Except for a brief video posted to YouTube earlier this month, Murray has not spoken publicly since Jackson’s death. In the video, he said: “I told the truth and I have faith the truth will prevail.”
    In addition, California Attorney General Jerry Brown is opening an independent investigation of several doctors whose names have come up in connection with the probe into pop star Michael Jackson’s death.
    Brown says in a statement Friday that his investigation comes at the request of the Los Angeles Police Department. The attorney general says the investigation is in its earliest stages and no conclusions can be drawn at this point. The statement did not identify the doctors.

‘This smells like gamesmanship’
    Murray’s attorney, Edward Chernoff, said he was disappointed the full autopsy report wasn’t released. Without that, it was impossible to seek independent expert opinion on the significance of the various drugs detected.
    “Release the toxicology report, the whole thing. Sunlight is the best disinfectant,” Chernoff said. “This smells like gamesmanship.”
    Chernoff repeated his assertion that nothing Murray gave Jackson “should have” killed him.
    It’s not clear when the full report may be released. The coroner said the security hold would remain until the investigation is wrapped up. The Los Angeles Police Department and the district attorney’s office said they did not know when that would be.
    A statement by the LAPD said the investigation into the death is ongoing and “will result in the case being presented to the Los Angeles County District Attorney for filing consideration.”
    The coroner’s determination of homicide makes it more likely criminal charges will be filed but does not guarantee it. In the past seven years just a handful of doctors have been convicted of manslaughter, mostly involving their patients’ use of painkillers. To win a conviction, prosecutors would have to show that Murray acted recklessly and with negligence.
    Murray was hired by Jackson’s promoter AEG Live to help keep the aging star fit during the grueling preparation for a series of comeback “This Is It” concerts in London. Jackson got to know Murray in Las Vegas, where he moved after a stint overseas following his 2005 exoneration on child molestation charges and where the Caribbean native ran a clinic.
    It was a break — and a $150,000-a-month salary — that Murray desperately needed. The doctor hadn’t paid the mortgage on his country club mansion in 2009, and according to court records he owed a total of at least $680,000 in judgments against him and his medical practice, delinquent student loans, child support and credit cards.
    Murray has been interviewed twice by police. According to court records, he told investigators that over about six hours he injected Jackson with two doses each of lorazepam and midazolam. Finally, around 10:40 a.m., Murray said he succumbed to Jackson’s demands and administered propofol, a drug Murray said he had given Jackson every night for six weeks. He said he had diluted the propofol with lidocaine.

‘Milk of amnesia’
    Propofol, dubbed “milk of amnesia” among anesthesia professionals, commonly is used to render patients unconscious for surgery. It’s only supposed to be administered by anesthesia professionals in medical settings and, because of its potency, requires the patient be closely monitored at all times. Using propofol strictly as a sleep agent violates medical guidelines.
    Medical experts said the drugs found in Jackson’s system magnify each other’s effects.
    “Instead of one plus one equals two, one plus one equals three,” said Lee Cantrell, a toxicologist and director of the San Francisco division of the California Poison Control System.
    A search warrant affidavit unsealed this week in Houston includes a detailed account of what detectives say Murray told them. The doctor said he’d been treating Jackson for insomnia for about six weeks with 50 milligrams of propofol every night via an intravenous drip, the affidavit said. Murray said he feared Jackson was becoming addicted to the anesthetic, which is supposed to be used only in hospitals and other advanced medical settings, so he had lowered the dose to 25 milligrams and added the sedatives lorazepam and midazolam.
    That dosage is very small and by itself it’s very unlikely it would have killed him. But with the other drugs there was a “benzodiazepine effect,” according to the coroner, and it was deadly.
    Dr. David Zvara, anesthesia chairman at the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, said it’s difficult to determine what constitutes a fatal dose of propofol in someone receiving other sedatives.
    “It’s hard to set any level because of the way those act in synergy,” he said. Given after the sedative lorazepam, “Even a small dose of propofol might have a very large effect.”
    Jackson had many medical procedures over the year and a long history with various drugs. Following his death, three medical professionals said Jackson asked them for propofol this spring. All refused. One, a registered nurse named Cherilyn Lee, recounted that Jackson told her he liked how the drug knocked him out fast and allowed him to sleep for hours longer than he could naturally

Περιοχή
    Athens
    MURDERER!

Michael Jackson's death was a homicide, coroner rules

LOS ANGELES, California (CNN) -- The Los Angeles County coroner has ruled that Michael Jackson's death was a homicide involving a combination of drugs.
    Michael Jackson was found dead on June 25. He had been preparing for a comeback concert series in London.

"The drugs propofol and lorazepam were found to be the primary drugs responsible for Mr. Jackson's death," said a news release issued Friday by the coroner.
    "Other drugs detected were: midazolam, diazepam, lidocaine and ephedrine."
    The release said Jackson died from "acute propofol intoxication," but it added "other conditions contributing to death: benzodiazepine effect."
    Lorazepam, midazolam and diazepam are benzodiazepines.
    The full and final autopsy report and the complete toxicology report "will remain on security hold at the request of the Los Angeles Police Department and the Los Angeles County district attorney," the release said.
    "In accordance with this request, the Department of Coroner will not comment on its completed investigation."
    Dr. Conrad Murray, Jackson's personal physician, told investigators that he had given Jackson three anti-anxiety drugs -- lorazepam, midazolam and diazepam -- in an effort to help him sleep in the hours before he stopped breathing, according to a police affidavit made public earlier this week.
    Murray also told detectives he administered a dosage of the anesthetic propofol, diluted with lidocaine, to Jackson a short time before he stopped breathing, the affidavit said.
    The 32-page sworn statement was written by Los Angeles Police detective Orlando Martinez to outline probable cause for warrants to search Murray's offices, home and storage rooms in Texas and Nevada.
    Murray told detectives he had been treating Jackson for insomnia for six weeks, giving him 50 mg of propofol, the generic name for Diprivan, diluted with the anesthetic lidocaine every night via an intravenous drip, the affidavit said.
    Worried that Jackson might become addicted to the drug, Murray said he tried to wean Jackson from it, putting together combinations of other drugs that succeeded in helping him sleep during the two nights before his death.
    But on the morning of June 25 other drugs failed to do the job. Murray recounted the events to detectives in an hour-by-hour account that was detailed by Martinez:
    About 1:30 a.m., Murray gave Jackson 10 mg of Valium (diazepam).
    • About 2 a.m., he injected Jackson with 2 mg of the anti-anxiety drug Ativan (lorazepam).
    • About 3 a.m., Murray then administered 2 mg of the sedative Versed (midazolam).
    • About 5 a.m., he administered another 2 mg of Ativan.
    • About 7:30 a.m., Murray gave Jackson yet another 2 mg of Versed while monitoring him with a device that measures the oxygen saturation of his blood.
    • About 10:40 a.m., "after repeated demands/requests from Jackson," Murray administered 25 mg of propofol, the document said.
    "Jackson finally went to sleep and Murray stated that he remained monitoring him. After approximately 10 minutes, Murray stated he left Jackson's side to go to the restroom and relieve himself. Murray stated he was out of the room for about two minutes maximum. Upon his return, Murray noticed that Jackson was no longer breathing."
    Efforts at CPR proved fruitless. Jackson was pronounced dead at UCLA Medical Center at 2:26 p.m.

Murray's lawyer, Ed Chernoff, declined to comment on the coroner's announcement.
    When Los Angeles police conclude their criminal probe, it will be left to the Los Angeles County district attorney to decide who -- if anyone -- to prosecute in Jackson's death.
    Τελευταία επεξεργασία από το χρήστη perifan_4_ever : 29-08-09 στις 19:26

Περιοχή
    Athens
    Documents: Marijuana found in search of Jackson's bedroom

LOS ANGELES, California (CNN) -- The first search of Michael Jackson's bedroom a day after his death found marijuana, skin-bleaching and hair-growing ointments, anti-insomnia pills and empty bottles of several anti-anxiety drugs, according to court documents unsealed Thursday.

A substance initially suspected to be tar heroin proved not to be a narcotic, according to a source with knowledge of the investigation.
    An affidavit, written by Los Angeles Detective Orlando Martinez, was used to outline probable cause for a warrant to search Jackson's Holmby Hills, California, home on June 26. Martinez filed his report on what was found in the search five days later.
    While the documents may provide some insight into Jackson's life, they appeared to contain nothing that would lend new insight into his death.
    Another sworn statement written by Martinez several weeks later -- and made public earlier this week -- provided a more extensive list of drugs found by investigators at Jackson's bedside.
    That document also revealed that toxicology tests led the Los Angeles County coroner to a preliminary conclusion that Jackson died of an overdose of propofol, a powerful sedative he had been given to help him sleep.
    The latest release refers to suspicions by some members of Jackson's family in the hours after his June 25 death that heroin might have been involved.

"During the course of the investigation, family members of the decedent notified [coroner investigator] Chief [Ed] Winter that they located a quantity of tar heroin in a bag in the decedent's bedroom located on the second floor of the residence," Martinez wrote.
    He used this statement to justify a search of Jackson's home because "there may be additional medications and/or narcotics at the location as well as the necessity to confiscate these items for the safety of the minor children."
    A source with knowledge of the probe told CNN Thursday that a test later showed that a brown, sticky substance found in the search was not heroin. The source asked not to be named because the source was not authorized to speak about it publicly.
    In addition to listing two Baggies of marijuana, the detective's report of what was found in Jackson's home listed three vials of Latanoprost Plus Solution liquid. An online search found medical journal references to this glaucoma medication also used to stimulate hair growth.
    Jackson suffered permanent hair loss when his scalp caught fire while taping a Pepsi commercial in 1984. He was known to wear wigs in public after the mishap.
    Also listed on the detective's report was Benoquin ointment, a medication used to lighten skin pigmentation in people with vitiligo, a skin condition.

Jackson's dermatologist, Dr. Arnold Klein, said on CNN's "Larry King Live" last month that he had treated Jackson for the condition, which causes irregular patches of white skin. "His was bad because he began to get a totally speckled look over his body," Klein said.
    The coroner announced two weeks ago that the report on Jackson's death was completed, but that police asked for it to be withheld until completion of the criminal probe.

Περιοχή
    Athens
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-YuIl9uPxF4&feature=related"]YouTube - Michael Jackson's doctor speaks[/ame]

Περιοχή
    Athens
    Michael Jackson "Moonwalk" (Book)

AUGUST 31, 2009
    Michael Jackson's one and only autobiography, Moonwalk, will be made available to the public again starting October 13, 2009. The book was first published in 1988. The 2009 reissue will include the original Foreword by Jacqueline Kennedy Onassis, a new Introduction by Motown founder Berry Gordy, and an Afterword by Michael Jackson's editor and publisher, Shaye Areheart. This is the only book about his life that Michael Jackson ever wrote. He chronicles his humble beginnings in the Midwest, his early days with the Jackson 5, and his unprecedented solo success. Moonwalk details his songwriting process for hits like "Human Nature," "Beat It," "Rock With You," "Billie Jean," and "We Are the World"; describes how he developed his signature dance style, including the Moonwalk; and opens the door to his very private personal relationships with his family, including sister Janet, and stars like Diana Ross, Berry Gordy, Quincy Jones, Paul McCartney, and Brooke Shields.
    "I've always wanted to be able to tell stories, you know, stories that came from my soul. I'd like to sit by a fire and tell people stories – make them see pictures, make them cry and laugh, take them anywhere emotionally with something as deceptively simple as words. I'd like to tell tales to move their souls and transform them. I've always wanted to be able to do that. Imagine how the great writers must feel, knowing they have that power. I sometimes feel I could do it. It's something I'd like to develop. In a way, songwriting uses the same skills, creates the emotional highs and lows, but the story is a sketch. It's quicksilver. There are very few books written on the art of storytelling, how to grip listeners, how to get a group of people together and amuse them. No costumes, no makeup, no nothing, just you and your voice, and your powerful ability to take them anywhere, to transform their lives, if only for minutes." –Michael Jackson, in Moonwalk
    Visit the Michael Jackson Store for more details

Περιοχή
    Athens
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1wIjJq8hPi8&feature=related"]YouTube - Tribute to Michael Jackson - MONTAGE - Better On The Other Side - Tribute to MJ - Died 25 Jun 2009[/ame]

I remember the first time I seen you moonwalk,
    I believed I could do anything,
    you made the world dance,
    you made the music come to life
    [Chris Brown - Chorus]
    This the type of song that make the angels cry,
    I look up in the sky and I wonder why?
    why you had to go, go
    I know it's better on the other side,
    you were chosen from the start
    never gon let you go,
    [The Game]
    Who’s Michael Jackson?
    You're Michael Jackson,
    I’m Michael Jackson,
    We all Michael Jackson,
    I guess what I’m asking is, everybody bow their head for a legend, don’t breathe for a second,
    now let the air out, grab the hand of somebody you care about,
    so you can hear my message, my confession, someone tell Usher,
    I seen the moonwalk, I guess the young thriller touched him,
    like he touched me, like he touched you,
    so carry on his legacy, something i must do,
    and I trust you lighting candles, concrete visuals, me and my brothers listen to Jackson 5 in the living room,
    first thing i did when i heard was call puff,
    cos him and Mike tried to stop the beef between us,
    who was us? Me and fifty, that beef is dead, him and Mike Jackson gonna take us to the ledge.
    [Chris Brown - Chorus]
    I look up in the sky and i wonder why?
    why you had to go, go
    never gon let you go,
    As I’m pouring out this liquor candles start to flicker,
    when list my air ones, MJ was my ni–er.
    Not the one that play ball, the one with the hollywood star,
    and since I’m a Hollywood star Imma tell you my story,
    never had a family that close, never see Berry Gordy walking through Interscope,
    but just like me, they always had Mike in a scope,
    no matter what you say,
    i’mma love him and he’s still dope,
    let me take you back to '85 when i was in a zone, dancing for my momma, 'Thriller' jacket with all the zippers on,
    now i’m doing 90 bout to crash in this Aston,
    listening to Outcast, I’m sorry Mrs Jackson
    anything I can ever do to better you your son was our king so we wont Corretta you,
    I’m writing this letter to all the Jackson kids, we all Jackson kids, time to let us through.
    [Chris Brown - Chorus]
    I look up in the sky and i wonder why?
    why you had to go, go
    never gon let you go,
    [Boys II Men]
    This the kind of song that make the angels cry,
    look up in the sky and ask God, why o why why
    Do we live and let die
    This the kind of song that make the angels cry,
    look up in the sky and ask God, why o why why
    Do we live and let, live and let die.
    Τελευταία επεξεργασία από το χρήστη perifan_4_ever : 16-09-09 στις 09:40

Περιοχή
    Athens

http://www.thisisit-movie.com

This Is It, directed by Jackson's creative partner and tour co-ordinator, Kenny Ortega, will be released for a limited two-week period. Billed as a rare, behind-the-scenes portrait of the singer, the film will chronicle the period from April to June 2009, during which Jackson was rehearsing for his proposed 50-date O2 Arena stint, due to begin in July.
    Ortega, who has also directed the High School Musical films, said: It's a very private, exclusive look into a creative genius's world. This Is It may go down as the greatest concert that no one got a chance to see, but with this film, we get a rare portrait of Michael as he prepares for his final curtain call and what I believe was going to be his master work."
    The PG-rated film will make its debut on 28 October, with tickets going on sale almost a month earlier, on 27 September. Its release date was jointly negotiated between promoters AEG Live and Columbia Pictures, with 80% of the profit going to Jackson's children, according to reports.

Περιοχή
    Athens
    Michael Jackson estate fight becomes public family dispute

Los Angeles, California (CNN) -- Michael Jackson's mother dropped her challenge of the two men named as executors in her son's will, but her sudden reversal caught her husband by surprise Tuesday and led to a bitter fight in court.
    In the end, the judge approved John Branca and John McClain as executors to run the pop star's estate and he ruled that Michael Jackson's father had no right to challenge the decision.
    Joe Jackson, however, will have his day in court in December to argue that he should get a monthly allowance from his son's huge estate.
    Los Angeles County Superior Court Judge Mitchell Beckloff also unsealed court documents that revealed the family spent $1.1 million on Michael Jackson's funeral in August, using money from his estate.
    Katherine Jackson's change of heart came three weeks after she hired attorney Adam Streisand to replace the lawyers who were leading her four-month-long challenge of Branca and McClain.
    Streisand announced in court Tuesday morning that Katherine Jackson "feels it's high time that the fighting ends."
    "She feels that Mr. Branca and Mr. McClain have been doing an admirable job," Streisand said. "We're going to try to partner with them and work closely with them to make sure that the estate is doing the best that it can for the legacy of Michael Jackson, for the kids, most importantly."
    Streisand said Katherine Jackson kept the decision a secret from the rest of her family until Tuesday.
    It drew a harsh response from attorney Brian Oxman, who on Monday filed Joe Jackson's challenge of Branca and McClain. It was a fight that Oxman said Katherine Jackson had promised she would help wage.
    "She has now reneged on her obligation to her family," Oxman told the judge. Joe Jackson's lawyer said Katherine Jackson's reversal was "one of the most despicable displays" he's ever seen in court.
    Oxman accused Katherine Jackson of reaching a secret deal -- behind Joe Jackson's back -- with the men who control their son's estate.
    Her lawyer fired back.
    "That is not only baseless, but just a product of Mr. Oxman's imagination," Streisand said.
    There was no deal and it was a surprise to the estate lawyers, he said.
    "Before I announced my position, Mrs. Jackson and I were the only two people in the world who knew what I was going to say," Streisand said.
    As for Joe Jackson's challenge for control, Streisand told the judge, "He has no right in the assets of the estate."
    Until now, the Jacksons have painted a united public front in the battle over who controls the estate.
    "Lawyer to lawyer, it was contentious between the two of us in there, in order to try to get things to come to a resolution," Streisand said after court.
    "She doesn't wish in any way to be involved in any dispute or fight with him, but she wants to see things get moving along in a more cooperative way," he said, referring to Katherine Jackson and her husband.
    Joe Jackson, 81, and Katherine Jackson, 79, have been married for 60 years but they live separately.
    Joe Jackson is not named as a beneficiary in his son's 2002 will, but he filed a petition last week asking for an allowance from his son's estate to cover $20,000 in monthly living expenses.
    Katherine Jackson is a beneficiary of the will, along with Michael Jackson's three children and unidentified charities, and she receives a monthly allowance as ordered by the court in July.
    Katherine Jackson supports her husband's request for a monthly allowance, Streisand said.
    Howard Weitzman, the lead lawyer for the estate, said they would take her wishes into consideration in deciding their position on an allowance for Joe Jackson.
    Judge Beckloff will hear his request for a monthly allowance on December 10.
    Joe Jackson's petition to challenge the executors is dead, unless Oxman can resurrect it in a appeals court, which he told the judge he may try.
    "I hope that an appellate court will agree with me," Oxman said.
    Joe Jackson contended that Branca and McClain should be disqualified as executors because they hid from the court a mistake regarding Jackson's signature.
    The signature section of the will said it was signed on July 7, 2002, in Los Angeles, although there is proof that Michael Jackson was in New York on that date, Oxman said.
    The judge ruled that only a beneficiary, such as Katherine Jackson, is in a position to make the challenge.
    Court documents unsealed Tuesday showed the estate paid $1,098,000 for Jackson's funeral and burial.
    The bulk of the cost went to Forest Lawn cemetery in Glendale, which was paid $855,730, including $590,000 for the crypt and monument inside the Holly Terrace section of it's Great Mausoleum, the document said.
    Jackson's burial garments cost $35,000, while another $16,000 was spent in flowers for the funeral, the papers said.
    Michael jackson died on June 25, 2009, from what the coroner ruled was "acute propofol intoxication."

Περιοχή
    Athens
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yoQ3FZD0b14&feature=related"]YouTube- Janet: Misses Michael's 'Silliness'[/ame]

Περιοχή
    Athens
    Janet Jackson blames Dr. Conrad Murray for brother Michael’s death in new interview

By Mirror.co.uk 17/11/2009

Michael Jackson's sister has hit out at Dr. Conrad Murray, blaming the star’s personal physician for the King of Pop’s demise.
    In her first interview since Michael’s death, Janet Jackson told ABC television that she hoped Murray would never be allowed to practice medicine again.

Thread Information